The complexity and growth rate of the data center marketplace can make sourcing the best products and services a challenge. Identifying, locating and qualifying suppliers of data center products and services is often a time consuming and confusing process.
Other industries utilize helpful on-line tools that allow purchasing agents to make efficient and educated buying decisions. Web based services such as GlobalSpec and ThomasNet allow purchasers in the manufacturing sector to perform comprehensive searches for the products and services that they need from detailed and extensive directories of suppliers.
Until now, the data center industry has lacked a central directory that collects corporate profiles and contact information for the companies that make up the data center marketplace. Data Center Discovery fills that need.
Data Center Discovery is a worldwide, online directory of firms that are involved in the data center construction and operations industry. For the first time, all the players in the data center marketplace have a professional and well organized venue to promote their capabilities and value to a receptive audience.
This collection of valuable information will allow purchasers of data center products and services to identify suitable business partners and make informed purchasing choices.
Visitors to the website can browse the directory free of charge. However, a corporation wishing to be listed in the directory will pay a recurring monthly fee to have their profile featured on the site. The amount of the monthly fee is based on the number of categories, geographies and specialties under which the service provider appears.
The DCD Points System
The Data Center Discovery (DCD) directory of companies is organized according to three key criteria; Category, Geography and Specialty. When visitors to the DCD website search our directory of companies, they use these criteria to define their search.
When companies sign up to be part of the DCD directory they are allowed a budget of "DCD POINTS" that are used to build their profile. DCD POINTS budgets are determined by the level of participation that the company chooses.
Companies "spend" their DCD Points by selecting that Categories, Geographies and Specialties that match their business offering. Each selection costs one DCD Point.
Companies can also "spend" DCD Points adding Points-of-Contact and Additional Locations. Each Points-of-Contact and Additional Location also costs one DCD Point.
For example, an electrical services company on the west coast of the United States might choose the following Categories, Geographies, Specialties, Points of Contact and Additional Locations:
- Category - Data Center Service Providers Categories are FREE!
- Geography - California - 1 DCD point
- Geography - Nevada - 1 DCD point
- Geography - Oregon - 1 DCD point
- Geography - Arizona - 1 DCD point
- Specialty - Electrical Contracting - 1 DCD point
- Specialty - Electrical Engineering - 1 DCD point
- Specialty - Electrical Testing - 1 DCD point
- Specialty - Electrical Maintenance - 1 DCD point
- Point of Contact - LA Sales (Name, email, phone) - 1 DCD point
- Point of Contact - Silicon Valley Sales (Name, email, phone) - 1 DCD point
- Point of Contact - North CA Sales (Name, email, phone) - 1 DCD point
- Point of Contact - Tech support (Name, email, phone) - 1 DCD point
- Point of Contact - Media relations (Name, email, phone) - 1 DCD point
- Additional Location - LA Office (Physical, email, phone) - 1 DCD point
- Additional Location - San Francisco Office (Physical, email, phone) - 1 DCD point
- Additional Location - Las Vegas Office (Physical, email, phone) - 1 DCD point
- Additional Location - Phoenix Office (Physical, email, phone) - 1 DCD point
Total DCD Points Used: 16 points
Each company in the DCD directory is free to allocate their points in a way that best represents their offerings. Companies are also free to add and remove Categories, Geographies, Specialties, Points of Contact and Additional Locations from their profile as their service and product offerings change.
If your specialty does not appear in our list of Specialties please let us know and we will add it. email@example.com
Please contact Data Center Discovery with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org